Spring Teaching Conference
CTL’s annual teaching conference began in 2005 in partnership with colleges across UNM, and was originally titled Success in the Classroom. Past themes included:
- Native Pedagogies
- Teaching and Social Justice
- Teaching Across Difference
- Engaging Undergraduates
- Graduate Students as Teachers
- How Graduate Students Teach: Pedagogies, Learning, and Leading
Each year the conference includes a keynote speaker or speakers and panels and/or workshops featuring UNM instructors (faculty, graduate students, and staff). Notable keynote speakers include: Sylvia Hurtado, Karen Kelsky, Jesse Aleman, and Kelly Hogan.
The goals of the conference are to:
- Showcase the great pedagogical work taking place at UNM.
- Promote and motivate creativity and innovation in teaching.
- Encourage and support reflective practice and the scholarship of teaching and learning (SOTL).
- Invigorate the teaching and learning conversations on campus.
- Facilitate and promote intra- and cross-disciplinary conversations and collaborations on teaching and learning.
- Create an environment that motivates the formation of teaching communities of practice within and across departments.